Summit 2020 took place on October 5th-6th. We understand that there are barriers that limit individuals from attending the entire Summit. In an attempt to address these barriers, CASDA is making the pre-recorded videos that were presented at Summit 2020 available publicly.
Below is a full list of the pre-recorded videos. Click on the image to watch the videos.
To skip to a specific section, click on the title immediately below.
- Opening and General Remarks
- Keynote Day 1
- Keynote Day 2
- CASDA-KBHN Policy Working Groups overview
- IGNITE Networks
- IGNITE Reflections
- IGNITE Employment
- Equity Panel
Opening and General Remarks
With Minister Patty Hajdu and Senator Jim Munson
With Senator Boehm, MP Davies, and Senator Bernard
With MP Sgro and Senator Housakos
With MP Lake
Welcome, Jill Farber from Autism Speaks Canada and Tanya McLeod from the Sinneave Family Foundation
Keynote Day 1
Title: Developmental Pathways of Canadian Children with ASDMore Info
Keynote Day 2
Title: Promoting National Dialogue and Best Practice in Autism Assessment: A Made-In Canada Approach to Improving AccessMore Info
CASDA-KBHN Policy Working Groups overview:
Click here to learn more about our KBHN-CASDA Policy Working Groups
- The Preschool Autism Treatment Impact Study: A tale of two provinces = Dr. Isabel Smith
- Family Services Community Grants: Achieving More Together = Kathi Cosgrove
- The Transforming Autism Care Consortium: Advancing Discovery, Training, and Community Integration = Dr. Mayada Elsabbagh, Anna Katalifos, Dr. Mira Puri, Dr. Fabienne Samson
- Moving Forward Together: Development of a Pan-Canadian Strategy for Disability and Work = Dr. Emile Tompa and Maureen Haan
- Autistic Adults on the National Autism Strategy = Elsbeth Dodman
- Building Partners within Your Community = Terry Batley
- Exploring Unique barriers that autistic women/non-binary individuals encounter when navigating employment = Dr. Heather Brown, Jennifer Fehr, Danielle Thompson, Krys Mehr, and Ewa Bochinski
IGNITE Reflections Discussant: Jackie McMillan
- Read Jackie’s Reflection by clicking here.
- Spectrum Freelance Creative Network Project = Dan Ten Veen
- Employable Me – What We Learned = Penny Wheelwright and Katie Lafferty
- Maintaining Momentum: Improving the Odds for Employment Success = Tanya McLeod
Addressing Disparities in a National Autism Strategy
Moderator: Dr. Janet McLaughlin
Panelists: Bonnie Brayton, Neil Belanger, Robert Gagnon, Dr. Shiv Sivapalan
Denise McKee was originally set to appear on our panel, “Addressing Disparities in a National Autism Strategy: An Equity Lens, but, unfortunately, could not make it. Despite this, all of us felt that the message that Denise would share was one that needed to be said and heard. For this reason, Denise kindly recorded her remarks separately so that we could all still hear her remarks. There are gaps within the Autism community where individuals and groups of people fall through the cracks. We must not shy away from shining a light on these areas as the moment we do, we become complacent.