CASDA and Inclusion Canada (formerly the Canadian Association for Community Living), are proud to be partners on the national delivery program, Ready, Willing, and Able (RWA). Funded by the Government of Canada and active in 20 communities across the country, RWA is designed to increase the labour force participation of people with an intellectual disability or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
In today’s hyper-competitive business environment, the difference between success and failure lies in the talent and diverse skill set of your workforce. There are approximately 500,000 working age adults with intellectual disabilities or ASD. This untapped workforce can help address current labour shortages while making businesses stronger, more diverse and more productive.
- Information about why hiring a person with an intellectual disability or ASD is good for business
- Individualized assistance to help you become a more inclusive employer
- Assistance in identifying persons with an intellectual disability or ASD to address labour force needs in your company
- Disability awareness information for your current employees
- Direct connections to community agencies who provide employment-related services and supports to persons with an intellectual disability or ASD
- Individual on-the-job support for the employee to do their job effectively, including disability related accommodations if necessary
- Connections to other employers who have hired individuals with an intellectual disability or ASD
- Connections to available research, best practice and expertise in the field of inclusive labour markets