THERE IS MUCH FOR CASDA MEMBERS TO BE PROUD OF AS 2010 COMES TO A CLOSE!
- Met with members of Parliament and senators on the Parliament Hill in honour of the 2nd World Autism Awareness Day
- Met with senior bureaucrats from the Public Health Agency of canada, Health canada and the canadian institute of Health research.
- Forged a working partnership with Public Health Agency of canada (PHAC)
- Finalized the cAsDA position paper, to focus the dialogue on the issues necessary for a national Autism strategy
- Launched cAsDA’s website in both English and French
- Posted the cAsDA position paper on our bilingual website
- Co-hosted with PHAc an exhibit at the Autism 2010 international Autism symposium
- Sent written correspondence to all members of Parliament and senators
- Testified at the House of commons subcommittee on neurological Diseases
- Initiated discussions with Health canada to collaborate on the identi cation of AsD related issuesWorking together for systemic change has begun to show progress, like none we have seen before. We will be asking all of you to reach out and ask other autism partners in your community to join this growing uni ed voice in the new Year. until then …