In recognition of the unflagging determination and leadership shown by Jim and Ginette Munson in the pursuit of a better Canada for Autistic persons, their families and communities, CASDA has created The Jim and Ginette Munson Autism Leadership Award. This annual award will be presented to someone living in Canada who has demonstrated the leadership, determination and values that reflect Jim’s and Ginette Munson’s commitment to the creation of a National Autism Strategy. CASDA is now opening nominations for the first recipient of this award. Nominees should embody the following attributes in their contribution to the autism sector in Canada:
- Vision, as exemplified by a broad perspective on autism in Canada.
- Collaboration, as demonstrated by genuine and inclusive teamwork, with a commitment to promoting engagement with Autistic folks and government.
- Acceptance, as shown by an understanding of the lives of Autistic people living in Canada, and their families
- Openness to other perspectives, as demonstrated by big picture thinking and the use of evidence as essential to decision making.
- Personal strength and integrity, as displayed by the personal attributes of tenacity, persistence and above all, kindness.
- Track record of action and impact: as demonstrated by a record of contributions that advance the goal of a better Canada for Autistic people across the country.
To nominate a candidate* for this award, please submit this form which captures the following information:
- The name and email address of the nominee
- Examples of the nominee’s activities which encompass some or all of the above attributes of leadership.
- A brief statement on why you are making this nomination.
- Nomination materials no later than February 15, 2022
*Self-nominations are welcomed.